Waterfront Real Estate
With over 7,000 miles of shoreline in the Chesapeake Bay & its tributaries, many of our Central Maryland Counties are highly influenced by the waterfront lifestyle. Cecil, Harford, Baltimore and Anne Arundel Counties along with Baltimore City all have their own unique flavors of waterfront. Here’s a quick list of a few of the hot spots for those who love the water.
- Port Deposit – fabulous deep water that roles down from the Susquehanna river. A boat launch can be found at Marina park along with a promenade for fishing. If you’re hungry, boat on up to Lee’s Landing Dock Bar (http://www.leeslandingdockbar.com/) for lunch or dinner.
- Perryville Park – tranquil waters perfect for kayaking draw water lovers here. And, the super fun Susquehanna Flats are just off the park area – this is a water lovers playground. You’ll find boaters moored here for the day, sunning & funning!
- North East – a historic small town at the top of the Bay. Whether you boat in or go by car, you’ll enjoy the feel of Main Street, USA – restaurants, shops and crafters. This is also the location for 4th of July fireworks & festivities.
- Elkton – home of Elk Neck State Park – Beach, boat launch and so much more are offered at the 2.300 acres. https://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/Pages/central/elkneck.aspx
- Havre de Grace – most recently voted one of the Best Small Towns on the Chesapeake by Coastal Living, Havre de Grace is a colonial town offering all the modern day amenities & culture that we seek. Havre de Grace has waterfront condo living, is known for it’s sailboat contingent and has a town marina. http://www.explorehavredegrace.com/
- Hart-Miller Island – managed by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, Hart-Miller Island is a popular weekend playground for Baltimore County boats. Camping is permitted from May to September. Enjoy the day by mooring and enjoy the 3,000 feet of sandy beach at the western shore of the island.
- Middle River, Essex, Dundalk & Sparrows Point – waterfront living galore! There’s too much to note here yet there’s a waterfront property in these towns that should suit just about every ideal.
Baltimore City – if you’re living the fine life, you’ll enjoy docking your boat at one of the Baltimore Harbor marinas. Dock for the day, night or stay and live on your boat. You’ll have all that you need.
Anne Arundel County
- Over 550 miles of shoreline – Anne Arundel county offers waterfront living & lifestyle from the North to the South. Pockets of waterfront homes can be found just about everywhere you look. You’ll also find some local crab houses tucked away for access by boat or car. The Annapolis Harbor is home to museums, shops, nightlife and four-star restaurants. The Naval Academy is the most recognizable waterfront home here – housing and raising up our newest class of honorable Naval officers.